Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BLUE BALLOON

To live in greens and blues ... straight ... mixed .... perhaps, even tinged with gold. Turquoise! To bathe in Delphinium blue, scented by sweet peas and lavender, polished by the sun. To see your name in the purply-blue ink of my hand.


BLUE BALLOON


You sat on it,
Squeezing, you pushed it,
To its screeching limits.


Then spiking like stiletto heel,
Cobalt blue soaked wintry sheets,
Warming, you saved it.


Colours ... don't you just love them!

Maureen Walsh ©


Ciao for now!

2 comments:

Jean! said...

Wow. I love this. I love how you expanded on more than just the color aspect of this written work but gave it a far translucent meaning.
Great job.
By the way I was reading through your blog. you have great blog posts. Keep it up.
Check out my blog if you want.

http://www.cherryvomit.com

Comments and a FOLLOW would be greatly appreciated. =D

I have followed you as well.

Maureen Walsh said...

Hey Jean,
Thank you for your comments, and I will, of course, check out your own blogspot.