Saturday, December 4, 2010

SNOW SCENES FROM TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES


I took these pictures over the last few days.



Galtee Mountains




 Man Meets Nature




Glen of Aherlow




Left Behind



THE TUNNEL


One going East, One going West,
Meeting briefly, chest to breast,
Flags are lowered for a moment in that Tunnel,
Then the whistle is blown, its full steam ahead.



Maureen Walsh ©    4/12/2010 




The Future




Kildare Station





Laid Bare 




Tunnel Twist




Tree Ship




 On Reflection





Achtung Baby!




Zulus' Call




Newbridge Station





Kildare Church


The bluish photographs were taken through the window of the train to Dublin yesterday. (The windows of the train are coated with something that stops you seeing into the carriages from the outside.) The speed of the train distorts the images, but I like the results. We were stopped at Kildare for an hour because a poor man collapsed on the train and had to be seen by paramedics. He was finally uplifted from the train at Newbridge. I do hope he makes a full recovery. I used the time to take a few pics. I particularly like the ones of tunnels at Kildare.




Ciao for now!

3 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

these are lovely photos, the blue effect is particularly striking! Thanks for visiting my blog!

alaine@éclectique said...

Snow is so appealing to me but I wouldn't want to live with it; having to dig my way out each day! We have mountains similar to those in the first pic just across the road from us; I would love to see them covered in snow but they've only had a coating on top a couple of years.

Jingle Poetry said...

lovely images.
Thanks for sharing!

A+