Sunday, January 1, 2012

INDIA CALLING




My youngest daughter, Katy is flying out of London Heathrow tonight to travel around India for six weeks. She has been planning and saving like crazy for this trip for the last ten or twelve months. Sinead, a friend and herself will be working with street children in Calcutta; taking in some meditation and yoga with the monks at Varanasi; and taking a two week trek to the base camp of Everest in Nepal. She will return home for two weeks and then she's off to Vancouver in Canada on a two year visa to live and work in the music business.

We dropped Katy to Dublin airport this afternoon, and as I watched her checking in her back pack, which contained only 5 items of clothing, I saw only a little girl... well, perhaps a teenage schoolgirl. Long blond hair ...plaited; no make up, boots, scruffy khaki combats and loose, blue shirt! ('I'm going to India mum!!!' she would remind me.) Standing there floating in expectant excitement and oblivious to my watchful eye; she looked more ALIVE than I had ever seen her. A moment I shall never forget.





Dance ...Katy....dance!



Some Indian music

http://youtu.be/jAgRxpMzeCk

2 comments:

Scotty said...

Join and blog your travels at MyIndiaTravelogue.Com, India's Fastest growing traveler's community.

Treks in Himalayas in india said...

Because the Himalayas, home of the snow, is the most impressive system of mountains on the earth, and for centuries the setting for epic feats of exploration.