Wednesday, July 11, 2012

THE SHED.....THE MAN.....SPANISH EYES




Maurice Weaver Nicholls
1928 - 2012



My father, Maurice passed away peacefully last Wednesday 4th July (American Independence Day… trust him !!!) After a long illness, bravely borne, he took his last independent breath with a glorious smile. We were grateful to be able to fulfill his wishes not to be in hospital and to care for him at home. He ended one journey and began another to the strains of my daughter, Emma humming his father’s favourite song, Danny Boy.


This is a poem I wrote for dad back in October 2010, that says everything I feel about the man; his love of his shed and his enthusiasm for life.



THE SHED

I love you so much,
I'd build you a shed.
A place to read comics,
And bury your head.

I'd learn how to fix,
Driving nails into wood; 
With hands carved in love, 
As a carpenter would.

I'd leave cracks in the roof,
You could spy on the stars,
Let your weary mind fly
Off to Pluto and Mars.

I'd set the stove blazing,
For your soul, for your hunger.
A space you can dream in,
Your hopes brighter ... longer.

I'd put in some tools there;
A plane and a lathe.
Your boat made ... set sail in, 
 Moored in moonlight, you'd bathe.

And then when YOU'RE ready,
I'll come to your bed.
And we'll look at the stars,
Through the eyes of that shed.



Maureen Walsh  - October 2010 ©






THIS SONG IS FOR YOU DAD AS YOU DANCE YOUR WAY THROUGH THE NEXT PART OF YOUR JOURNEY!






LOVE YOU DAD.........!!!




CIAO FOR NOW BABY


No comments: