Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR - CHRISTMAS STRAWBERRY MOMENTS - STEVIE WONDER - DEPARTURES





DEPARTURES

I look back to the space 
Where your tired face once shone.
Cobalt eyes steeped in promise
Like the roses....since gone.

I think back to the space
When I first heard the voice.
Velvet bass spiked with heartbreak
Without love....no rejoice.

I still dream of that space 
Where your heart bored through mine.
Sequinned soul stripped of passion
Reasoned things....final crime!



Maureen Walsh - December 31st 2012



I WOULD HOPE THAT DURING 2013, THE DECISION-MAKING PROCESSES ENGAGE A LITTLE LESS WITH THE HEAD AND MORE WITH THE HEART. REASON WITHOUT PASSION AND HUMANITY IS MURDEROUS!!!

WISHING ALL MY FRIENDS, FAMILY AND ALL CREATURES THAT DWELL ON PLANET EARTH AND BEYOND, A VERY PEACEFUL NEW YEAR FILLED WITH MORE LAUGHTER THAN TEARS!



Christmas Strawberry Moment - Emma's birthday dinner - Lily-Mai's restaurant, Thomastown, Golden.

Want to share this song, which might be said to be about departure, just because I love it! My daughter Katy reminded me of that, as she sang it so simply, yet so beautifully at the fireside. Those and so many other Christmas strawberry moments are locked away in my mind's treasure chest and will be taken out and polished many times after she and Emma have departed for Canada and London once more! 







Ciao for now!

No comments: