Sunday, December 28, 2014

CIRCLES AND CYCLES






When I was a little girl, I loved to draw circles and then colour them in with crayons....wax ones preferably. As I got older I began to throw in the odd triangle or two, but mostly it was always circles. Something more optimistic about circles somehow. I find myself drawn towards doorways, cars, buildings, gardens, flowers, tiles, stories, etc that have curves. Angular 'things' without a curve at some point just don't sit right.

Listened to a song today, which brought me straight back to those hour upon hour meanderings and explorations of circles and their endless possibilities and whether I would be balancing on the curve like a tight-rope walker, or dancing in the purple wax of the inside, or swimming in the red on the outside,

As I listened, I realized I am still drawing circles and colouring them in; and even though I have no idea where I'm going, or perhaps even, to where I am being led; I know I'm going somewhere and that felt good.






Ciao for now!

No comments: